In Italy, men should be born happier and more joyful than elsewhere, and yet I believe that much happiness is to the men who are born where good wines are found...

Leonardo Da Vinci

Wine making in Ischia means history and tradition but also effort and passion. Not only an historical-economic value but a fundamental role in the preservation of the territory.

Vulcanic soils and steep rocky slopes falling down to the sea, a viticulture called “heroic” as it cannot be mechanized except for a very small part, where Biancolella, Forastera, Piedirosso and Guarnaccia have always been the native vines and they represent the cultural inheritance that lives on thanks to the work of farmers, heroes of an ancient tradition.


Even today, the Greek concept of viticulture is present in the Terraced Vineyards of  Tommasone Winery that stretch from the coast to the mountain slopes. They are bounded by “parracine”, dry stone walls made of green tuff reflecting and cherishing with light the beautiful vineyards hanging on the Mediterranean Sea. All the vineyards are cultivated with passion, love, and attention, from pruning to harvesting; grapes are harvested by hand, selected and separated by plot and quality: this because Ischia offers heterogeneous soils and different climatic conditions, depending on the areas where it is located.


It is therefore fundamental to monitor every year the ripening process of the various types and in the different areas of the island to be able to provide a different cru for every single vineyard. Over the years we have saved many ancient vineyards from being abandoned, giving them a new life: nowadays we have a total surface of 12 hectares (12.00 acres) of vineyards, divided in 15 small estates ranging from Lacco Ameno in the north-west, to Forio in the western part of the island, up to Sant’Angelo, the most southern point of the island of Ischia, with one of the most prestigious of our vineyards: Tenuta Monte Zunta at 450 above sea level.

70% of our vineyards are planted with white vines: Forastera, Biancolella, Fiano and Falanghina, the remaining 30% are planted with red vines: Guarnaccia, Piedirosso and Aglianico.

The planting density is 5.500-6.000 vines per hectare. As a form of cultivation we have chosen the sapling for some plots of Piedirosso and for the most part the Guyot.

The harvest period begins in early September with the manual harvest of the grapes destined for the classic method sparkling wines and ends in mid-October with the harvest of Aglianico for the important reserves.

We present some of our most representative outfits